I grew up in the Bronx, I am a City Girl who always wanted to live in the Country. I used to watch my Grandfather tend to his small garden in the row house we owned in the City. He grew roses in the backyard and had a small bird bath. I went out there to the postage stamp sized space we had and loved sitting on the grass and thought about how much I wanted to escape to the Country. It took me 29 years to get here but I did it. I moved to NJ, lived in a small apt above a florist shop and every weekend I went to a little bookstore and bought the Boston Globe, I circled on a map Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire, and Mass won. I finally moved up here without knowing a soul. I got a job at a restaurant and a temp agency, and there my life began.... It was so scary but worth it. I've now been here for over 20 years. Lots of ups and downs and twists and turns but ended up in an old farmhouse built in 1780. And here we are

Comments

Popular Posts